Find OB-GYN
in Burleson, TX

View Map

Grace Obstetrics & Gynecology, Fort Worth - Southwest

2.33(3)
6100 Harris Pkwy Fort Worth, TX 761329.9 mi

ClockCreated with Sketch.Open Tue 8:30 am - 5:00 pm

Recent patient review

Dr. Pico was actually great! I have no issues with her. The staff here were very difficult to work with and unprofessional. If you want to advocate for yourself to be contacted for follow ups, on how to code your insurance for billing, and to be given dishonest information from office staff, then this is the practice for you.

Grace Obstetrics & Gynecology, Cleburne

201 Walls Dr Cleburne, TX 7603316.1 mi

ClockCreated with Sketch.Open Tue 8:30 am - 5:00 pm

Grace Obstetrics & Gynecology, Granbury

1200 Crawford Ave Granbury, TX 7604827.3 mi

ClockCreated with Sketch.View hours of operation

View List

Can't Find Your Business? Add it now!

Find an OB-GYN
near Burleson, TX

OB-GYN Guide

  • image/svg+xml image/svg+xml

    Treatment & Services

    OB-GYNs are specialists in women’s health, so they provide a number of female-only services. For example, many women see an OB-GYN for their regular pelvic exam, which is an inspection of the vulva, uterus, cervix, and other female reproductive parts to ensure optimal health. OB-GYNs also provide Pap smear tests, which are one of the best ways to detect cervical cancer.

    In addition to these routine services, OB-GYNs also provide treatment for women with sexually transmitted nfections (STIs). Examples of treatable STIs include syphilis, chlamydia, trichomoniasis, and more. omen can also come to their OB-GYN if they need diagnostic testing for female-specific symptoms, such as nusual discharge or unbearable abdominal pain during their menstrual cycle. OB-GYNs can help determine f a woman has a yeast infection, ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, or other pelvic conditions that might e causing these symptoms and devise a course of action.

    Finally, prescribing birth control is another important service provided by OB-GYNs, as well as other fertility treatments.

  • image/svg+xml image/svg+xml

    Insurance & Cost

    Good news – because of the Affordable Care Act, your annual well-woman visit should be free of charge if you have health insurance. This won’t include advanced testing or treatment, but it should cover things like your pelvic exam, Pap smear, birth control, and STI screening. If you need to see an OB-GYN for an issue outside of your annual visit, then you may have to pay a co-pay. This is a predetermined amount that varies depending on your insurance and could range from $10 to $60.

    Additionally, your OB-GYN may charge for whatever tests or imaging they perform at this visit. Many insurances companies do cover the cost of some testing, but often, this coverage doesn’t kick in until you meet your deductible. After your deductible is reached, you may have co-insurance, in which your insurance company pays 80% or 90% of the bill, and you’re left owing the remaining 10% or 20%.

    Of course, if you don’t have insurance at all, prices will be a bit steeper. Expect a typical visit to an OB-GYN to cost as much as $350. If you need additional testing, your bill might be even higher.

    References:
    www.nerdwallet.com
    www.howmuchisit.org

  • image/svg+xml image/svg+xml

    Appointments

    Skip the hassle when you book your next OB-GYN by using Solv. Rather than waste a lot of time on the phone, Solv lets you make a same-day appointment entirely online. Simply browse the directory to find the OB-GYN that meets your needs, find the time you’re available, and confirm the appointment.

    Of course, it’s also possible to call an OB-GYN office directly to schedule your appointment, especially if you need more information. Usually, OB-GYNs have standard office hours – Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Each practice varies, however, so check their schedule before trying to make an appointment. You may also want to keep an eye out for OB-GYNs that have later office hours or weekend appointments if you don’t want to miss work or school.

    Most women should get a pelvic exam once a year to confirm they are healthy. This doesn’t mean you’ll need a Pap smear each year during your pelvic exam. In fact, most women only need a Pap smear once every three years unless they are at high risk for cervical cancer. Both types of appointments shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes from start to finish.