- The COVID-19 pandemic has altered travel plans globally, but safe travel is possible with necessary precautions. Hawaii, a popular vacation destination, has eased restrictions and launched a pre-travel program that requires proof of a negative COVID test within 72 hours prior to flight.
- CityHealth Urgent Care, in partnership with Solv's scheduling technology, is providing rapid COVID testing at the Oakland airport for all outbound flights to Hawaii. This allows travelers to schedule their test ahead of the flight and receive results before boarding.
- CityHealth has been working with the Oakland Port Authority since the pandemic's onset, supporting employee testing and now extending this to all travelers. They are also partnering with airlines and the State of Hawaii to enable passengers to bypass the two-week quarantine with proof of a negative COVID test.
- The process involves two testing options: a rapid antigen test or a molecular PCR test at the Northfield testing site for all Oakland airport travelers, and a rapid molecular test at a pop-up terminal for Hawaii-bound passengers. Scheduling and paperwork can be completed online through Solv.
- CityHealth aims to expand rapid response testing across California and offer more appointments at Oakland Airport. They plan to strategically locate themselves to test as many people as possible, contributing to safer travel experiences.
COVID has changed nearly everyone’s travel plans this year and while many are very cautious about non-essential travel, experts agree that it’s possible to travel safely as long as you take necessary precautions along the way. For those on the west coast, Hawaii has always been a prime vacation destination. Early on in the pandemic Hawaii implemented policies to limit the spread of COVID including a mandatory 14-day quarantine for any incoming travelers. But recently the state began easing restrictions and launched a new pre-travel program for incoming tourists as long as they have proof of a negative COVID test within 72 hours prior to their flight.
That’s where Cityhealth Urgent Care and Solv’s scheduling technology come in. CityHealth is powering a rapid COVID test site at the Oakland airport for all outbound flights to the islands. They’re using Solv’s scheduling platform to help travelers schedule their test ahead of the flight and get results before they get on the plane. This convenience of online scheduling and rapid testing not only helps people in The Bay Area get back that vacation they’ve been missing, it gives them a bit more peace of mind that travel is safe.
Cityhealth has been working with the Oakland Port Authority since the beginning of the pandemic to support testing of their employees who are essential to keeping the airport open and were able to deepen their partnership to support testing at the airport for any traveling passenger as well as a specific in-terminal rapid results testing for passengers traveling to Hawaii. Cityhealth’s partnering with all airlines sending passengers to Hawaii as well as the State of Hawaii as one of their trusted testing partners so that passengers traveling to Hawaii can avoid the two week quarantine with proof of a negative COVID test before taking off who might have otherwise had their vacation ruined.
So how does it work?
- Anyone traveling from Oakland airport: Cityhealth has a Northfield testing site at the Oakland airport (before security) where they are offering a rapid antigen test or a molecular PCR test
- Hawaii passengers: Any passengers flying to Hawaii can access the CItyhealth testing pop-up embedded in the terminal where they can receive a rapid molecular test.
- Schedule online. Passengers can use Solv to receive a visit time, complete their paperwork online, and be seen promptly before their flight.
What do I need to bring with me to get a free test?
- Proof of insurance
- A valid form of US identification
Cityhealth is aiming to continue to expand testing access–especially rapid response testing–across California over the next several months as well as offering even more appointments at Oakland Airport, “Building out more testing sites that offer options for people’s needs is a top priority, we want to keep testing as many people as we can,” says Sean Parkin, Cityhealth Urgent Care’s CEO. “By putting ourselves in strategic locations, we’re able to test more people.”
Flying out of Oakland and looking to book a rapid COVID test? Book your test here.
Frequently asked questions
Has COVID-19 affected travel plans this year?Yes, COVID-19 has significantly affected nearly everyone's travel plans this year.
Can one travel safely during the pandemic?Yes, experts agree that it's possible to travel safely during the pandemic as long as necessary precautions are taken.
What measures has Hawaii taken to limit the spread of COVID-19?Early in the pandemic, Hawaii implemented policies such as a mandatory 14-day quarantine for any incoming travelers. However, they have recently eased restrictions and launched a new pre-travel program that allows incoming tourists to avoid quarantine if they can provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to their flight.
What role does Cityhealth Urgent Care play in facilitating safe travel?Cityhealth Urgent Care is providing a rapid COVID-19 testing site at the Oakland airport for all outbound flights to Hawaii. They are using Solv's scheduling platform to help travelers schedule their tests ahead of the flight and receive results before they board the plane.
How can passengers traveling from Oakland airport get tested for COVID-19?Passengers traveling from Oakland airport can get tested at Cityhealth's Northfield testing site at the airport. They offer a rapid antigen test or a molecular PCR test.
What is required to get a free test at Cityhealth's testing site?To get a free test at Cityhealth's site, you need to bring proof of insurance or a valid form of US identification.
What is Cityhealth's future plan regarding COVID-19 testing?Cityhealth plans to continue expanding testing access, especially rapid response testing, across California over the next several months. They also plan to offer more appointments at Oakland Airport.
How can I book a rapid COVID test if I'm flying out of Oakland?If you're flying out of Oakland and need to book a rapid COVID test, you can do so through the link provided in the article.